Wednesday, October 8, 2008

New Rido Saddle


I had the opportunity to try the new Rido Saddle. Rido is a British made saddle that is popular in the U.K. It looks different from your traditional saddle in that it's almost Y shaped. It looks kinda like a stealth bomber. I decided the best way to try it would be to put it on my daily commuter. I'll have to admit I was a little skeptical at first. I installed it perfectly horizontal, but found I tended to slip off to the front. After communicating with the manufacturer they told me this saddle needs to be installed with a slight upward tilt. This solved the problem. The saddle is quite unique and I found it to be very comfortable! Another thing which is pretty cool is since there is so little contact on the saddle you can relieve any pressure by staying seated and locking one leg out which slightly raises you off the saddle. The design looks like it's well made and will hold up to daily abuse. This saddle makes a great commuter saddle and would probably make a great touring saddle. Any of you out there having trouble finding a comfortable saddle may want to give this a shot. If you would like to learn more about this saddle check them out at
http://www.rido-cyclesaddles.com/product-information-c100063.html

No comments: