Monday, May 6, 2019

The Fixed Gear Connection

I've owned many bikes. Owned a bike store and done a lot of riding. I grew up riding in Panama. My first Road Bike was a Ferrari red Benotto. I bought that bike with my own money and rode it everywhere.Then I got a silver Motobecane from my shop that I commuted on. Later on a Ridley that was great.
All these bikes were special and I still have fond memories of them, but my all time favorite bike was my track bike. Simple
one fixed gear, a steel frame and a front brake. It doesn't get any simpler!
What's special? That stupid little fixed gear that makes you constantly pedal there is no coasting.

There is a connection I just can't explain that you feel more part of the bike than you do on a multi geared bike. You and the bike become one. When you move the bike moves, your legs are the direct drive to the wheel and to the road. Riding fixed is a completely different experience not for everyone, but for those who get hooked there is nothing like it! 


White, Black, & Yellow Single Speed Bicyclewww.zazzle.com

No comments: