Thursday, September 18, 2008

Public Relations

What is it about fixed gear bikes? I road road bikes for years and never once had someone compliment me on what a nice bike I had! Believe me I had nicer road bikes than my fixies.
It seems like the general public may be changing their attitude towards cyclist. It's been a long time coming and we need to keep this momentum going. The better the drivers treat us the safer the roads. I usually get a couple compliments a week from car passengers. I always smile and say thanks. It seems the sleek look of the fixie draws their attention mainly the younger crowd teenage and up. The more positive image we portray the more likely some of these people may get into cycling. The more cyclist hitting the roads the more influence we'll have on better cycling laws. So next time your at a light do that track stand, smile and wave, because the person your impressing may be a future lawmaker or cyclist!

No comments: