Thursday, April 16, 2009

Back in the Saddle

Well I'm back to my old routine commuting to work again. I took a few days off after the kidney stone debaucle and I needed the car for a few errands. Anyway I'm back. The ride in this morning couldn't have been better! Nice and cool no humidity. Traffic was light and I did a nice long track stand at a red light. I also got a new pair of shoes that make a big difference as well. The old ones had split across the bottom making it hard to get in and out of the toe clips....a dangerous situation. I'd been riding like that for months not to smart, so I broke down and bought some shoes. I have some old classic leather Vittoria track shoes that I'll use on weekend rides, but I don't like them for work cause you can't really walk in them very well. I usually try to find some thin trainer type sneakers like Pumas. Payless had some that fit the bill for $14 perfect! Now if I can find my other toe clip bolts I may ride the Sparton into work tomorrow.

No comments: